Colorado Resource Partners (CORE) is an alliance of organizations that integrates training and community resource partners for overall construction workforce readiness and career success. What’s different about this approach is that we’re working together in a new way.
CORE presents the employment platform, WORKNOW to place, retain and advance workers in this industry. Simply put, we help people find and keep good construction jobs. Our collaborative came together because of a shared commitment to ensuring that families living in communities directly affected by construction projects benefit from them.
CORE partners include:
Focus Points Family Resource CenterFocus Points Family Resource Center Contact: Benjamin Roldan
Focus Points Family Resource Center is a non-profit organization committed to serving low-income families in the greater northeast Denver area.
During the 2017-18 fiscal year, Focus Points will serve over 1,200 families, most of whom are Spanish-speaking immigrants. Focus Points is committed to:
- School readiness programs to open doors to future success;
- Family literacy and adult self-sufficiency programs to facilitate independence;
- Healthy living and health access programs to promote active, vibrant living; and
- Parent engagement and community leadership to foster empowerment.
- Creating economic opportunities and workforce training for immigrants and refugees within northeast Denver.
Family-focused “wrap-around services” to support basic skills building and targeted entrepreneur opportunities (such as COMAL)
- Adult education with built-in ECE;
- community network & access point;
- established two generation and family services such as therapist and Parents as Teachers programs
Coaching/navigation & outreach