CORE/WORKNOW (In a nutshell)
Who: Colorado Resource Partners (CORE) is a collaboration of organizations working together in a new way.
What: We provide create a pathway to construction careers and create opportunity for all people.
How: Through an employment platform called WORKNOW.
Where: Community/Neighborhood-focused (for current targeted zip codes see link under the resource tab).
Why: To increase family incomes and build a future workforce.
Talking Points (Messaging For Each Stakeholder Group)
1. WORKNOW is presented by Colorado Resource (CORE) Partners, also known as CORE, a partnership among leading community organizations advocating for and working to connect workers to high-paying jobs, and career pathways including [your project].
2. WORKNOW brings top local industry leaders together to collaboratively develop a workforce platform that not only services the needs of the community around the project site and families living in that community but contractors and subcontractors as well.
3. WORKNOW’s innovative approach to construction workforce recruitment, advancement, training, and support removes employment barriers and increases operational efficiency for all project partners.
4. WORKNOW facilitates conversation and connection between economic development projects, like [yours], and the communities affected by the project to collaboratively improve the community.
5. WORKNOW shares [your] vision for a better Denver and collaborates with top community organizations to develop a values-based approach to developing income and opportunity growth for families impacted by [your project].
1. Colorado Resource (CORE) partners include existing local training and resource organizations with established records of success in career training and workforce development, partnering in new ways to align activities and resources.
2. WORKNOW is presented by Colorado Resource (CORE) Partners, also known as CORE, a partnership among leading community organizations advocating for and working to connect workers to high-paying jobs, including [project].
3. WORKNOW is a new platform servicing construction contractors, subcontractors and project owners to recruit, retain, train and advance a skilled and reliable workforce.
4. Through partnership collaboration, WORKNOW identifies and addresses policy, technical and economic challenges to help foster an inclusive and effective workforce.
5. WORKNOW streamlines employment hiring and advancement processes by serving as a one-stop shop in comprehensively preparing workers for a new or expanded career in construction.
6. WORKNOW helps grow [your] workforce pipeline with targeted outreach, engagement, and education of the diverse roles and opportunities available to men and women of all skill levels.
7. WORKNOW is Colorado’s first community-driven workforce development platform that strategically aligns with industry partners to establish relationships and ways of working that care for the entire community, now and for years to come.
Prospective/Current Industry Workers
1. WORKNOW is a local job recruitment, advancement and support platform for families living in neighborhoods directly affected by community construction projects, like Central 70.
2. WORKNOW provides job training, coaching, and placement assistance, as well as family support services like childcare or the purchase of construction equipment and tools.
3. Through WORKNOW, you have access to high-paying jobs close to home that can help provide your family with stability and support.
4. WORKNOW provides local families living in neighborhoods impacted by regional infrastructure construction projects an avenue to get involved in building more for your neighborhood.
5. WORKNOW empowers families [like yours] who live in communities directly affected by City and State economic development projects to continue to serve the needs of their neighborhood through a job in construction
6. WORKNOW provides you with an opportunity to continue to serve and support the neighborhood by building more infrastructure and resources for the community.
7. WORKNOW is presented by Colorado Resource (CORE) Partners, also known as CORE, a partnership among families and leading community organizations advocating for and working to connect men and women in your community to high-paying jobs.
8. To take advantage of WORKNOW, call 720-389-0999 or complete an Interest Form at work-now.org. WORKNOW career coaches can get you a meet-and-greet session with Central 70 representatives and subcontractors.
1. WORKNOW is a local job recruitment, advancement and support platform specifically for families living in neighborhoods like yours that are directly affected by community construction projects, such as Central 70.
2. WORKNOW is presented by Colorado Resource (CORE) Partners, also known as CORE, a partnership among families and leading community organizations advocating for and working to connect men and women in your neighborhood to high-paying jobs.
3. Through job creation and advancement activities, WORKNOW is a one-stop shop for job seekers, current construction workers, and contractors.
4. WORKNOW provides construction job training, resources and tools through community collaboration among all WORKNOW partnering families and organizations.
5. WORKNOW actively engages families and local support organizations to honor, advocate for, and welcome members of the community in the midst of neighborhood transition.
6. WORKNOW is a community-organized platform inviting you to participate in building the future of this neighborhood, creating jobs, building careers, and supporting families.
7. WORKNOW actively engages with each community that may be affected by economic development projects to ensure working families positively benefit from those project opportunities.
Resource & Training Organizations
1. WORKNOW is presented by Colorado Resource (CORE) Partners, also known as CORE, a partnership among leading community organizations advocating for and working to connect workers to
high-paying jobs and career advancement and family support resources.
2. WORKNOW acknowledges there are obstacles to gainful employment and partners with leading local organizations to streamline access and fulfillment of resources that support working families through job recruitment, training, and advancement.
3. WORKNOW expands on the efforts of Denver’s leading local organizations by creating a collaborative workforce development community to reduce costs, break down barriers, strengthen communication and increase community impact.
4. WORKNOW builds better communities by addressing labor market demands through collaborative resource sharing and compassionate community engagement.
5. With [your organization’s] help, WORKNOW reduces the emotional, physical and financial stress of working families in our community.
6. WORKNOW is Denver metro’s first workforce development platform that strives to equalize opportunities for all Coloradans by enabling inclusive, diverse, and skilled employment opportunities in construction.
Cities & Public Agencies
1. WORKNOW is presented by Colorado Resource (CORE) Partners, also known as CORE, a partnership among leading local community organizations advocating for and working to connect workers to high-paying jobs and family support resources.
2. WORKNOW attractively positions Denver as a leading city for top talent and a robust system to service and support business needs, further driving economic development activity in the Denver metro area.
3. Close collaboration among WORKNOW industry and resource partners assures Denver meets market demands and best prepares the community for the changes of a vibrant, growing city.
4. WORKNOW improves family self-sufficiency by expanding support services and compassionately connecting with working families in the community to overcome social and financial challenges in securing stable employment.
5. WORKNOW is Denver metro’s first workforce development platform that directly connects community resource organizations, working families, and construction companies to identify, address and overcome the emotional and physical impacts of economic development projects in the community.
6. WORKNOW builds positive relationships among civic, business and resource partners through a values-driven approach to community engagement around economic development projects and the working families that can benefit from these projects taking place in their neighborhood.
1. Colorado Resource Partners, also known as CORE, is an alliance of organizations that integrates training and community resource partners for comprehensive construction workforce readiness and career success.
2. CORE organizations assist with family resource support enabling families who live in communities directly affected by construction projects to confidently and comfortably.
3. CORE brings construction careers to communities affected by economic development with easy access to high-wage, high-growth career paths.
4. As a Colorado Resource (CORE) Partner, we simplify the job search, training, and advancement process for workers in the construction industry by centralizing resources and information in one platform, WORKNOW.
5. CORE created WORKNOW, a one-stop shop for job seekers, current construction workers, and contractors that features resources, tools, and trained platform navigators to help families gain access and insight to support services.
6. Colorado Resource (CORE) Partners strive to increase access to career resources that help people complete job training and sustain employment while also growing our community of local workers and improving family self-sufficiency.
7. We are proud to be part of CORE, the alliance of organizations helping families benefit from economic development projects with support services, job placement, training, and advancement related to projects in their community.
8. From job seekers to currently employed workers, CORE collaborates with families in the community to develop a pathway to career success by identifying and overcoming the challenges associated with employment.
1. In collaboration with local construction contractors, CORE provides skill development and training, high-wage job placement, and support resources for job seekers living in communities directly affected by development projects.
2. CORE brings together leading local workforce development experts, working directly with members of our community to provide family support services and connect them with jobs.
3. Colorado Resource (CORE) Partners is committed to supporting families living in communities directly affected by City and State economic development projects by providing easy access to the employment and skills development opportunities those projects provide.
4. WORKNOW brings together founding and funding partners Gary Community Investments, the Center for Workforce Initiatives at Community College of Denver, the Colorado Department of Transportation, and the City and County of Denver (Office of Economic Development/Denver Workforce Services).
5. WORKNOW is a new workforce development program that increases access to help people in our community finish training and sustain employment, growing more local workers while also improving family self-sufficiency.
6. CORE presents the employment platform, WORKNOW to place, retain and advance workers in the construction industry.
7. WORKNOW creates a central location for job seekers, current construction workers and contractors, resources, and tools to support and expand local support services for families living in neighborhoods experiencing change.
8. To take advantage of WORKNOW, call 720-389-0999 or complete an Interest Form at work-now.org. WORKNOW Navigators can register you for a meet-and-greet session with local union representatives and subcontractors for a construction project in your neighborhood.
SubContractors AND Seasoned Construction Workers
1. WORKNOW is a new workforce recruitment, training, and advancement platform specifically for the construction industry.
2. WORKNOW streamlines employment hiring and advancement processes by serving as a one-stop shop in comprehensively preparing workers for a new or expanded career in construction.
3. Colorado Resource (CORE) Partners brings together leading local construction and community resource experts to create a new approach for helping connect you to trained and available workers.
4. WORKNOW workforce development platform features construction industry jobs, specifically on public projects, that offer high-wage, high-growth career pathways.
5. CORE brings together leading local workforce development experts and resources to connect families in the neighborhoods directly impacted by local construction projects with job opportunities associated with these projects.
6. New construction career platform WORKNOW was developed from data and insights shared by contractors, subcontractors, project, training and resource partners, and local residents to meet current and future workforce needs.
7. CORE engages the Denver metro construction industry around the needs of the local industry and advocates to attract new employers, training agencies and resource partners to provide the workforce support we need.
1. WORKNOW construction workforce platform supports community-centered hiring and wealth building on regional infrastructure projects.
2. To evaluate the impact of the platform on the communities it serves, WORKNOW tracks the number of employees hired and retained, income advancement, family financial stability, and levels of displacement.
3. The effectiveness and impact of WORKNOW are measured by outcomes such as employee hiring and retention, income advancement, family stability and the ability for families to thrive in their communities.
4. The WORKNOW platform is a new approach to workforce development that collaboratively balances construction career needs that arise from community economic development projects, with the concerns and needs of neighborhood residents in these project areas.
5. Colorado Resource (CORE) Partners is committed to helping families living in communities affected by economic development projects by providing easy access to construction careers, job training, coaching, and resources.
6. WORKNOW construction recruitment, training, and advancement platform not only provides families with job opportunities near their home, but also provides family support services, education, and career coaching to improve family self-sufficiency.
7. The construction career services made possible through WORKNOW improves poverty and homelessness while also working to resolve barriers that prevent people of color and women from finding and keeping good construction jobs.
8. CORE/WORKNOW is not a static partnership and welcomes training or resource partners that share the collaborative objectives and commitment to collective vision, impact, and evaluation.
9. WORKNOW helps families and partner organizations build more through job placement, skills training, coaching and community support.